Cole's Rating: B-
Year: 2012
Cast: Judi Dench, Bill Nighy, Maggie Smith
Genre: Drama/Comedy
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Movies that are nominated for a Golden Globe are usually worthy of it. In my opinion, this movie was not. Now don’t get me wrong, it was a good movie. But nothing in my opinion that was good enough to be nominated.
Cast: Judi Dench, Bill Nighy, Maggie Smith
Genre: Drama/Comedy
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Movies that are nominated for a Golden Globe are usually worthy of it. In my opinion, this movie was not. Now don’t get me wrong, it was a good movie. But nothing in my opinion that was good enough to be nominated.The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel was about several retirees who all travel to India to stay at what was advertised to them as an extravagant, high quality hotel, that turns out to be a dingy, soon-to-be sold hotel. Along the journey there, and their extensive stay, they form several relationships amongst each other. Some good, some bad. Several of the events that took place in India with these people were heart warming. The event that touched me the most was the man who tried to find somebody who meant very much to him sometime in his life before... I cannot say anymore because of the substance it will reveal. But it was very emotional, and to me, the highlight of the movie.
The acting in this movie was excellent. The character development to me was astounding. I felt like I really knew the characters when the movie ended. Each was touched upon and the movie delved into their personal life, which I enjoyed. However, what this movie lacked, was the ability to keep me interested the whole way through. It had many good aspects about it, but it was a little dull. Not exactly what I think would qualify a Golden Globe Nomination.
Written by Cole Pollyea
No comments:
Post a Comment