Cole's Rating: ★ ½
Jesse's Rating: ★★
Jesse's Rating: ★★
Year: 2013
Cast: Bruce Willis, Jai Courtney
Genre: Action/Crime/Thriller
MPAA Rating: R
MPAA Rating: R
It's disappointing when Hollywood decides to make sequels to epic movies, because they very seldom turn out to do the original any justice, or to have cinematic success. That's the case here, with this latest, and hopefully last, installment in the Die Hard series, A Good Day To Die Hard.Now, I liked Die Hard. Actually, I loved Die Hard. It's originality smacked me in the face, and the on-screen action hero (Bruce Willis) was there for the first time as the said action hero. Casting Bruce Willis in these roles anymore is just redundant. He's dehumanized! Look at all of these things that he's come out of, so don't we already know that he's gonna survive in every action movie he does? Well, that thought was rolling over in my head as the plot line of this thing took a number of incredibly pointless twists and turns. I mean think about it, you may as well rename the whole series: A Good Day To Live Free or Die Hard With A Vengeance Twice. That sounds stressful, and always when you're on vacation. Huh.
So yeah, I hope that they don't make ANOTHER sequel. They're all entertaining, and they are all relatively serviceable, but when it comes down to it, the series should've stopped after the first one, because now it's iconic for its ongoing, disappointing sequels. I can't say that this film stole the "most disappointing movie so far this year" award because I didn't have high expectations for it anyway, thanks to the previous installments. And plus, The Internship stole that award from right under it.
-Written by Cole Pollyea
No comments:
Post a Comment