| 1. The Grey -It's Liam Neeson. It's wolves, terror, suspense. It's a movie in which after you see it, you won't need a nail clipper. All your nails will be gone after 2 hours of chewing and biting. 2. Argo -Director Ben Affleck takes meat and potatoes filmmaking to a whole new level. It's a straight up old fashioned great movie. 3. Cloud Atlas -The critics didn't love it, but this critic did. Audiences stayed away from it. I thought, maybe in 20 years this will be a much talked about cult classic. I hope I'm right. Oh yeah, watch for Tom Hanks playing like 6 or 7 different characters. 4. Silver Linings Playbook -Robert De Niro and Bradley Cooper were meant to work together. And a star is born in Jennifer Lawrence in this Philadelphia story about mental illness and unconditional love. 5. The Dark Knight Rises -In my opinion, better than Dark Knight. Director Christopher Nolan wraps up the final chapter of his trilogy with this dense, mature, and powerful action packed take on the Batman series. 6. Life of Pi -Director Ang Lee does it again with a mind blowing film that should be the play book for special effects for every movie in the future. 7. This is 40 -It's brutally honest, sweet, and funny. A film about married life and embracing middle age. I honestly didn't want it to end. 8. Trouble With The Curve -Who wants to see Clint Eastwood play a grumpy old timer? I do! I do! It's a baseball film that goes behind the scenes. Not as a good as Moneyball (2011), but still pretty serviceable. 9. The Campaign -Oh it's funny. Will Ferrell does another Will Ferrell movie. I laughed so hard I think I broke a rib. 10. Flight -Star Denzel Washington channels his inner Nicolas Cage. Think Leaving Las Vegas (1996) for airline pilots. Jesse's Worst 5
|
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
The Best And Worst Of 2012 (Uncle Jesse)
Jesse's Top 10
Labels:
Short Reviews
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Agreed Jesse! Loved and hated these equally.. save for Total Recall which I haven't seen. Also, 3DD was filmed entirely in my hometown in Wilmington NC and my sister was an extra.. and yeah, even with that going for it on my end, it blew chunks everywhere... so much potential for fun in that movie and it's all wasted.
ReplyDeleteThanks Rob. Yeah Piranha 3DD might be one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It's up there with Ishtar, Freddy Got Fingered, Showgirls, and you could even throw in Battlefield Earth. I've never seen such uninspired filmmaking in my life. But it was cool that your sister was an extra. I could not say I've ever been in a movie so that's cool.
ReplyDelete