Friday, March 8, 2013

LETHAL WEAPON, SUPER 8, CROOKED ARROWS, COMING TO AMERICA, UNSTOPPABLE (Short Reviews by Cole)


                               Lethal Weapon 

Cole's Rating: A-
Jesse's Rating: A

  This is one of the best action movies of all time because at it’s time, it was original. Lethal Weapon is a buddy cop movie about Roger Murtaugh and Martin Riggs, a family-man veteran old timer, and a suicidal rookie, who are teamed up against a drug cartel. The series of events that follow the initial investigation are thrilling, comedic, entertaining, and juicy. It’s a movie that can be enjoyed by everyone on all levels, Lethal Weapon is one you can’t miss.


Super 8

Cole's Rating: C
Jesse's Rating: C+

  Although I’m one of few out there that disliked this movie, I wondered how I was alone after watching it. It’s a laid back, non-entertaining film about kids who encounter an extra-terrestrial creature while filming a movie. The plot itself is nothing too spectacular, but it was a cool idea that could’ve been done a lot better. I wish it was too.



                                    Crooked Arrows

Cole's Rating: B

       It’s a movie many people haven’t and won’t see. I saw it in an AMC showplace in downtown South Bend, a theater I’d never been to before. I enjoyed the film because it incorporated my favorite sport, lacrosse. It’s one of those underdog movies, based on a Native American lacrosse team that inhabited a new coach, and had to battle it’s way through a prep school league. Although it’s very predictable, and the acting isn't superb, its a good movie; too bad it isn’t well known.


Coming To America

Cole's Rating: A-
Jesse's Rating: A-

  Eddie Murphy stars in a hilarious, out-of-the-ordinary movie about a Prince who travels to America to find a bride instead of having one chosen for him. It’s a laugh out loud movie that will make you wish it wasn’t over when it is. With a touch of romance in there also, Coming To America is the movie I think of when I think of Eddie Murphy. 



                             Unstoppable

Cole's Rating: C
Jesse's Rating: C+

  Personally, I think that it was kind of a rip off of Speed, a movie that was okay to begin with. It’s about an unmanned train that’s about to destroy a community, where Denzel Washington and Chris Pine attempt to stop it. The movie had little emotional value; and even less memorable value. I could take it or leave it.





Written by Cole Pollyea

No comments:

Post a Comment