Cole's Rating: ★★★ 1/2
Year: 2011
Cast: Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint
Genre: Adventure/Family/Fantasy
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Why can’t every series be as good as this? My answer is a big ‘dunno’! Both series of books and films outrank any other in both categories, and that’s really saying something. By now, if you have not read or seen the previous seven installments, then you should probably just stop reading, and definitely don’t watch the movie (without seeing previous films), as it will do nothing for you. It would be like reading a review for and watching an episode of the later series of Heroes, after reading a synopsis of the previous seasons, and realizing, well, that was a waste of time!I have enjoyed seeing Daniel Radcliffe age over the years, as he starred in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone when he was age 11. If I had to name one actor who did a superb job throughout his career, including when he was a youngster, it would be him. He portrayed the role of the curious, adventure seeking Harry Potter better than anybody could, especially at that age.
The best thing about Harry Potter for me was the intrigue that I experienced. The idea of witchcraft and Hogwarts and all of the mysteries inside the castle fascinates me and I hate to think about how it’s just a set for a film. Undoubtedly the movie did that just for me, and any film that can do that, is one that should be praised.
After reading the series, it was magical for me to see the story come alive. J.K. Rowling’s screen adaption was a complete success, all the way through. With each installment, the character development furthers, and the complexity of relationships increase. (It makes sense, as we watch them go through childhood, adolescence, and young adulthood). Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was the only film that made changes more than minor for the storyline, to what I can remember. Together, the producers, and author J.K. Rowling did what very little are able to do, make the movie as good as or better than the book. Despite Jennifer Lawrence’s appearance, The Hunger Games is an average (okay) movie, but an great and unforgettable book. Harry Potter will never be considered as such.At this point in the series, it’s just too far along to summarize the movie, but I’ll say that it is a face-off between Harry and Voldemort; It’s a great conclusion to a flawless series. It’s entertaining, it’s enjoyable, it’s everything a fantasy film desires, and what many lack. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 is epic; it’s a must-see, if you’ve seen the previous films that is.
Written by Cole Pollyea
Great Review! However, I don't think its fair to call it the best series, as Lord Of The Rings stole 11 oscars... but, its Harry Potter, so I'll give it to you. I know this has nothing to do with your review, but the poster is dumb. Harry and Voldy in a staring contest? Really? Couldn't they have come up with something a bit better. Anyway, I wish the review was longer, but other than that, awesome. KEEP EM COMING!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I'm not into "Lord of the Rings" all that much, but we are all entitled to our own opinions. Thanks again, and we will keep em coming!
Delete