Wednesday, April 10, 2013

BATTLE: LOS ANGELES

Cole's Rating: ★ 1/2

Director: Jonathan Liebesman
Year: 2011
Cast: Aaron Eckhart, Michelle Rodriguez, Bridget Moynahan
Genre: Action/Sci-Fi
MPAA Rating: PG-13

  To be upfront, watching Battle: Los Angeles was a real pain. And it wasn’t because it took so long; it was because I desired to shut it off, and go to bed. No headway was made in the art of cinema with this action-packed, sci-fi-warfare, nonstop action flick. I’ll give it credit for having somewhat of an innovative idea (most alien movies don’t involve military). Also, special effects filled the screen like popcorn fills the bucket (coincidentally enough, that ties in perfectly with the film (popcorn flick)). It was hard to care about the characters because of lack of backstory and character development; so therefore when one may die, it was nothing more than a shrug of the shoulders. I remember my friend recommended this to me when we were about 11. I truly do wonder why, and I also wonder what age group it’s intended to be enjoyed by, because I didn’t enjoy it then, and I certainly don’t enjoy it now. This movie’s tagline is “It’s not war. It’s survival.” I think you can understand the term “survival” better if you make it to the end of the film.

Written by Cole Pollyea

No comments:

Post a Comment