Cole's Rating: ★★★
Jesse's Rating: ★★ ½
Director: Andy Fickman
Year: 2012
Cast: Billy Crystal, Bette Midler, Marisa Tomei
Genre: Family/Comedy
MPAA Rating: PG
Critics all over despise Parental Guidance. As to why, I’m not exactly sure, because I found much enjoyment while watching it. Parental Guidance hovers around Billy Crystal and Bette Midler who play the “other” grandparents, and are offered the opportunity to babysit the grandkids when the parents go out of town. But much more than misadventures happen in this delightful, and often silly family-oriented film, such as the unexpected, and absolutely terrific acting by the kids (which you don’t see too often). It’s a very relatable movie also, as we all have been sidetracked while caring for kids; similar to how we all have bribed children in some way shape or form. The movie’s only flaw is some dumb, but still cute plot elements. I imagine that those who don’t have kids, or aren’t around kids all the time will not find the film as enjoyable, but more foolish. I, for one describe Parental Guidance as underrated. -Written by Cole PollyeaJesse's thoughts:
| Parental Guidance is a harmless family film that is adequately entertaining. However, its premise is somewhat lazy (parents leave their children to be watched by their grandparents, all chaos ensues). The message in this Billy Crystal/Bette Midler vehicle could be a little stronger. But after all, it is a comedy and the movie just wants to have fun. |
No comments:
Post a Comment